Nice to meet you!
Hi! I am Sander Koot, a photographer with a passion for landscapes and portraits.
During the week I’m a digital project manager at ROQUIN. I have had the pleasure to manage digital projects for clients like Kia Motors Europe, Microsoft, Ahold, Achmea and the ANWB. (LinkedIn profile)
Honours and recognition
My pictures are published in books, newspapers, magazines, advertisements and websites all over the world.
- Museum of Natural Sciences - The Royal bBlgian Institute of Natural Sciences has adopted three of my images in their permanent exhibition "Gallery of Human Kind". The three images are from my "Back from the Future" ("Toen & Nu") collection.
- Digital Foto magazine - Interview in this Danish photography magazine about my "Back from the Future" series.
- My Modern Met – Art trendwatching site with over 2 mln visitor per month. They picked up my project and it got over 100.000 views in just 4 days. The site also voted me #9 in the Top 10 Breakthrough Photographers of 2011.
- Little Thing – Chinese magazine (230.000 subscribers) placed a two page interview about my "Back from the Future" project.
- Connecticut Paper – Interview with US paper about my ‘Back from the Future’ series.
- Stumble Upon - More than 268.000 people pressed their Stumble Upon button to share my project on My Modern Met.
- Facebook – Over 1.000 Likes on Facebook.
- Twitter – Over 350 tweets about my project.
- Trendhunter – “Reenacted Retro Portaits”
- Visualnews.com – “Tracking Personal Histories Across Time”
- Whudat.de – “Past meets Present”
- Padmag.cn – Chinese magazine for the eyes
- Flavorwire – Site about cultural news and critique.
- Behance Network – A creative professional platform. My project has gotten over 1.200 views and almost more than 70 appreciations.
I love running
I love long distance running and especially trail running. Every year I run over 1.000 kilometers and a few races. I finished at 44.04 on the 10km (trail run), 1:10.51 on the 15km, 1:39.59 on the 21.1km (1/2 marathon) and 4:20.34 on the 42,195km (marathon).
I'm on Strava and share my activities there. You can find me in the Athlete Search: Sander Koot from Nijmegen (id: 6243152)